Wednesday 26 June 2013

Time to get fit for the summer with sale shoes!

Summer is creeping up (finally!) and I, for one, have eaten so much takeaway food the past couple of weeks. I blame the boyfriend for visiting...
At university, we had free membership to the gym which I completely took advantage of and I surprisingly loved it. But now, back home, I am poor and to even step into a leisure centre or gym nowadays sends the bank account in a frenzy. Thankfully, I get discount on going swimming and going to the gym (gotta love Job Seeker's...) but I thought it was worth looking into going running. You don't have to pay for it (aside from time in bed, perhaps) and it's a great way to stay fit and lose weight. If you're like me though, and the thought of even walking to the shops makes you tired then it's fair to say you ultimately do have to spend money- on trainers. Yes. I didn't own trainers. Aside from three pairs of Converse, I was trainer-less. Going to the gym in trainers showed me that Converse are definitely not great for working out in, and so they definitely won't be great for running in. So, up Birmingham (as usual) I stopped into some sports shops as they have huge sales on at the moment, like every other shop.

I'm a size 4, and therefore, apparently in JD Sports my shoe size is considered a Junior size........... So it took me a while to actually find the sale section for my size. On this hunt, I wanted to find trainers that would be good for both running but also look quite nice as I'm going around Europe in July and I would wear them then, also. Most of the shoes in the sale are focused more on fashion and style, rather than durability. I did however come across one pair:




The first thing that struck me was the colours. Black and red is one of my favourite colour combinations. The second thing that struck me was the fact that they were £10. My budget was £15, so I was very happy with these! I have also noticed that wearing old athletic trainers is in fashion at the moment, so if I decide to go down that path then these will also go in handy as I think the colours would work for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment